The best way to determine which engine oil should be used in your engine is first to reference your vehicle's owner's manual.
Using the appendix of the vehicle owner's manual, locate the section under fluids, engine oil, or lubrication. Here you will find the recommended engine oil quality specification or part number recommended by the vehicle manufacturer for the best engine performance and longevity.
- Using the found oil specification (Example: VW 507 00, Ford WSS-M2C945-A) or part number (Example: VW G 052 195 M2, Ford XO-5W20-QFS), navigate to our Motor Oils category.
- In the "Shop By" menu (on mobile) or "Shopping Options" sidebar (on desktop), expand the "Specification" filter.
- Find the specification or part number found in your owner's manual in the list by scrolling through the options or using the Specification filter search bar that appears.
- After finding the specification or part number, select it to see oils with that specification or part number.
- If on mobile, you may need to select the specification checkbox, then select the "Apply" button at the bottom of the screen to see results.
If you have lost your owner's manual and are having difficulty determining what engine oil to use, you may refer to our BLAU Oil Change Kits which match the correct engine oil for your specific model, the related oil filter, and hardware components.
If you still are unsure which, engine oil should be used in your engine. You can contact our customer support department with the year, make, model, and engine type. We would be happy to help you select the best engine oil for your vehicle application.
You can find more information on engine oils on our blog.